Saturday, 31 December 2016

Test cricket is alive and well

"It's been a pretty good day," says Steve Smith, also the Man of the Match. "At the start of the day we thought of batting for 40 minutes and see how it goes. We didn't lose any wickets so we put our foot down. Starcy's hits gave us the opportunity to take the 180 lead and go after them. We thought if we were able to get it to reverse soon enough, we could win. Also Lyono bowled so well before the ball started to go. At about five down when the ball was swinging, the bowlers were fresh, that's when it started to look clear.
It's an unbelievable feeling to see the boys in that huddle. Pretty surreal to have now wrapped up the series. We have got a lot of belief in the guys around. The guys are doing the hard yards to improve every day. It has been a great sort of transition. I am proud of how the guys came out today to win the Test. I am doing okay. I have felt for a while that I have been hitting them all right. I love batting at MCG. Been a happy hunting ground for me. Can't wait to go to SCG. I like it there too, hopefully I can make it three in a row."

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo